Anyone who lives in San Antonio knows that summers can be almost unbearably hot and humid; Ductless Mini Split Heat Pump Systems are a good alternative to central air conditioning and window units for several reasons. If your home was built without a ducted system or you have added rooms on to the main structure, you may want to consider this option. Also consider this alternative if you wish to cool only certain rooms in your home in order to save on energy.
Why is this a growing method for cooling homes in the San Antonio area?
Ductless mini splits:
- Offer far less energy loss. With common ductwork, energy loss can account for 20 percent of the energy consumption in air conditioning your home.
- Are flexible and small in size, meaning it is easier to cool specific spaces in your home such as rooms that you frequently use. Each unit is controlled by its own thermostat, so you don’t have to cool rooms that are not in use.
- Are less noisy than central units or window air conditioning. Because the refrigeration takes place outside, you can expect quiet operation.
- Offer more design options for your home. Because air handlers can be mounted flush in to a drop ceiling, placed on a wall or even suspended from the ceiling, you have options that are suitable to the design of your home.
- Help you save money on energy costs over time; even though initial costs for ductless mini splits are a bit more than a wall or window air conditioner, you can recoup the additional costs quickly and experience substantial savings each month.
Jon Wayne Heating and Air Conditioning services San Antonio and surrounding communities. Our goal is to help educate homeowners about home comfort and energy issues (specific to HVAC systems). To learn more about ductless mini splits and other HVAC topic, we invite you to download our free Home Comfort Resource Guide.