The benefits of preventive maintenance are significant. HVAC professionals often extol the virtues of maintenance; however, we’re backed by manufacturers who require maintenance in order to maintain warranties – because a well-maintained system will last longer and run more efficiently.
Manufacturers and HVAC contractors stand firmly in the corner of homeowners, and we know that preventive maintenance provides you with a multitude of tangible benefits, including:
- Ensuring efficiency. When HVAC systems are maintained, dirt is prevented from building up in your systems. And a clean system can operate as efficiently as possible, so you get a full return on your investment. When dirt and other debris gain entry to your air conditioner’s internal components, for instance, the coils and motor work less efficiently. The dirt leads to friction, causing the system to work harder to produce the same amount of conditioned air. In fact, dirt in the evaporator or condenser can contribute to up to a 50 percent loss in efficiency.
- Saving money and energy. If you provide regular maintenance for your HVAC systems, and ensure efficiency, you’ll see energy savings each month on your utility bills. You also guarantee that those energy savings will help you pay back the cost of the system quickly.
- Reducing repairs. When a system is clean, less friction occurs on its internal parts. Friction decreases efficiency, but it also increases the wear and tear on the parts, requiring repairs that could have been avoided with maintenance.
- Extending the life of the system. When the system’s parts can move freely and uninhibited, you extend the life of the system, getting more value from your money.
- Offering peace of mind. Maintenance ensures your peace of mind. It’s an intangible cost, but what price would you put on a service that helps to ensure your comfort and continuous service?
Why not take advantage of the protection and energy savings of preventive maintenance today? The heating and cooling experts at Jon Wayne Heating & Air Conditioning are available. Contact us to schedule a maintenance appointment, or ask us about our planned maintenance programs to save even more.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about annual service and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Jon Wayne Heating and Air Conditioning services San Antonio and the surrounding communities of Seguin, New Braunfels, Bulverde, Boerne, and Comal County. Visit our website to see our special offers to get started today!